The Prishtina Institute for Political Studies (PIPS) has launched a political education program for young people from the Roma, Ashkali and Egyptian communities in Kosovo with the support of the Council of Europe Office under the ROMACTED Program.
On 21 October we held the first introductory meeting with the 25 participants of the first cycle of the program.
This program will focus on building the capacity of Roma, Ashkali, and Egyptian youth to represent the needs of their communities in society and institutions, as well as articulate attitudes that can enable participation in politics and drive policy change. Among the main goals are:
• Improving the capacity of Roma, Ashkali and Egyptian youth in Kosovo to better understand and participate in political processes;
• Increasing interaction and cooperation between Roma, Ashkali and Egyptian youth from different municipalities;
• Strengthening the role of the civil society sector as a transformative force in Kosovo, in relation to the full integration of non-majority communities;
• An alumni network created by 30-40 young people from the Roma, Ashkali and Egyptian communities which can also be used and fed in the future with other activities.
- School for Political Studies
|Publication Year |